Changing SKUs is highly not recommended as it can have concequences:
1. If you are changing Channel SKUs on the listings that are mapped to Linnworks items then it will break inventory linking and may lead to further issues such as not updated listings and over-selling.
2. If you are changing Linnworks SKUs linking will not be broken but all the reports will have new SKUs in them, even if it will be pulled for the past times when SKUs were not yet changed.
The best way of inventory set-up would be to have same Channel and Linnworks SKUs from the beginning. This way inventory mapping will be easy to do with Link All by SKU option that automatically maps any listings in the grid to Linnworks stock items where the listing SKU matches the Linnworks SKU.
If for some reason, you have changed the custom label on the channel, the first thing to do would be to go to Linnworks.net and use 'Download Listings' feature within your channel config. This will force Linnworks to update the mapping screen with an up to date information. From there, you can always re-link your items so that the stock level is updating correctly.
When it is necessary to edit SKUs best way would be to go through this steps::
- Unlink listing in the mapping screen
- Edit custom label on the channel
- Download listings
- Link items with listings again
Technically relinking items in mapping screen would be enough, but since the SKUs will not match your custom labels there might be difficulties with linking them in bulk via Link All by SKU. In this case, you might want to use Delete Stock Item Linking and Stock Item Linking Import.
In case you have some unlinked SKUs and you would like to change their names in bulk, this can be done via Change Inventory Item Number import.
If the reason for changing SKUs is re-name them into suppliers SKU, an alternative to avoid this could be using supplier codes. The system provides fields such as Supplier Codes, which can be used for re-ordering purposes and printing if needed. You can consider using them instead of the Linnworks stock item SKU so that you do not have to necessarily change SKU names. More details how to add them in bulk can be found here.
Articles that might be useful: