Orders will start downloading into the system after the channel has been successfully integrated. As a general rule, Linnworks downloads the following types of orders:
- Unshipped orders, both Paid and Unpaid.
*If an order is marked as shipped before Linnworks downloads it, then the system will skip this order.
- Orders with relevant mapped status - per channel.
Order Status Mapping is the group of settings that dictate which orders will be downloaded from a channel. It is available for channels which support multiple statuses like ekmPowershop. By default, Linnworks will only download orders that have been paid for. This needs to be set in Settings > Channel Integrations > Edit Channel details > Order
1. Linnworks runs a sync and scans all orders that are not marked as shipped (the exact status name may vary per channel)
2. Linnworks downloads and saves these orders into the system
3. Stock gets reserved and available quantity decreases in Linnworks in the location the order was saved to
4. Linnworks sends the new available level to for this SKU to all other channels where this SKU is linked
5. At some point, the order gets processed in Linnworks (and the actual Stock Level is deducted in that location as a result)
6. Linnworks sends a Dispatch note over to the Channel
7. The order gets marked as shipped on the Channel back-end.
However, there are some cases when an order will not get downloaded into Linnworks. This article will cover the main points to check in such cases. For channel-specific information, please scroll all the way down.
If there is a missing order, please check the following:
1. The Channel needs to be enabled in Settings > Channel Integrations
2. Another Location
Orders can be downloaded to other Locations, based on settings:
To select the Location to which you would like orders to download from each specific Channel, please go to Settings > Channel Integration > Edit Channel Location Mapping
3. The order has been Processed already
Sometimes missing orders turn out to be processed in Linnworks already, please check if this order can be found in the Processed Orders screen. The best way to search is by using the Order Reference Number, which is the order number on the Channel:
4. Order status on the Channel
We've discussed order status mapping above, and also mentioned that Linnworks will not download orders which are already marked as shipped on the Channel. Keep that in mind as well, and check the order status - if it is marked as shipped on the channel, then it will not get downloaded into Linnworks.
5. Automation Logs:
Information in the Automation Logs can help identify any problems during sync which may be the reason why the order could be missed. It is possible to check sync status for every sync based on the specific time period when order was placed on the channel, to see if there have been any error messages which would point to the potential problem.
If you have checked all of the above points but the order is still missing, please contact our Technical Support and provide them with the following information in order for the problem to be addressed as soon as possible:
1. Missing order reference number
2. Date and time when the order was placed on the Channel
3. Subsource of the channel
4. Status of the order on the channel
5. Is it just 1 order missing or are there more orders missing. Are there any orders which currently get downloaded from the channel at all?
For more information about missing orders for a specific channel, please refer to the following articles: