Some channels (Newegg, Etsy, Cdiscount in certain cases) will reject despatch notes if there is no tracking number provided, and the order will not be marked as shipped on the channel. Use the solution below to set up your orders to work with shipping services that require tracking numbers.
There are a few methods of achieving this in Linnworks.net. As adding tracking numbers is not a requirement for all channels, the method below is designed to have the least impact on other sales channels.
- Go to Shipping > Postal Services.
- Click Add Service.
- Add a new service to be used for Newegg orders.
- Ensure that Tracking Number Required is ticked.
- Click Add.
If you are using Generic Shipping, you do not need to do the next steps. If you are using an integrated courier like Royal Mail or Parcelforce, please continue with the following:
- Go to Shipping > Integrations.
- Click Services for your selected courier.
- Choose a vendor service from the dropdown menu and click Add.
- Click the icon.
- Select the Postal Service created for Newegg earlier.
- Click Finish.
The last step is to make sure that orders from the required channel are automatically set to use the appropriate Postal Services. This can be done by using either the Shipping Mapping or the Rules Engine.
NB! If Shipping Mapping method is used together with Rules Engine then the latter will overwrite Shipping Mapping assignment if the conditions in the Rules Engine are not specified to exclude these orders.