The Sync Status button in the Linnworks header allows you to see currently running sync processes, queued sync jobs, and any errors for previous processes. If there are any errors, then the sync status button will also show the number of errors on a red background. It is recommended to check these sync errors, because they may indicate that some actions may be required from the user.
Single error messages during sync
- An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
This error means that the server which Linnworks was connecting to has shut down the connection. It could be caused by issues with the sales channel servers or network connection between those servers and Linnworks sync servers.
- error Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
This error messages means that the communication between the channel and Linnworks timed out due to the job taking longer than usual because of an issue on either side of the systems or just general slowness.
These are normally "one-time" errors and next syncs run successfully. Such errors do not have a detrimental effect on your account. The sync process could be delayed a bit by such errors, but it will then pick up where it stopped and there will be no further complications.
If you received 1 such error over 100 successful syncs, then there is nothing to worry about.
Many error messages in a row
Many errors in a row will delay sync and may also indicate a larger problem with the sync and may require certain actions from the user.
In the automation logs, it can look like this:
Some error examples:
- Authorisation token is hard expired. User needs to generate a new token for this application.
If the eBay token expires and no new token is generated, Linnworks will be unable to make API calls in that user's name. This has no effect on the user's eBay account, but it doesn't allow Linnworks to interact with eBay.
This article explains how this issue needs be fixed: eBay token expiry/generation
- Account EBAYXXX EndListings, RelistListings, ReviseListings all turned off
NB! This message does not show up as a separately indicated error, but can be found within the logs under View Log option itself. It indicates, that your Channel settings are not configured in a way that allows Linnworks to update the eBay inventory levels. Please check the full details on eBay channel configuration and make sure the setup matches your needs.
- [All Variation Update], error : eBay errors Duplicate custom variation label., Duplicate name-value combination in variation specifics.,
One or more items in the variation listing on eBay directly have duplicate values and eBay is not allowing a revision. You will need to make sure the setup is correct on eBay and/or strike off the incorrect items in Linnworks. Please see here for details on striking off the variations.
- You've reached the number of items you can list this month. It looks like you've reached the number of items you can list. You can list up to XXX items this month.
- eBay error 21919188: You've reached the amount (£1,500,000.00) you can list this month. It looks like you've reached the amount you can list. You can list up to £1,500,000.00 in total sales this month.
You have exceeded your listing limits either by value or item count. Contact eBay for increasing the limits or further information.
- Start sync Error: Amazon SubmitInventoryChange: Feed Rejected
The error means that Amazon is rejecting the feed even before processing it. This article explains how this issue needs to be handled.
- 404 Not Found: The requested resource could not be found but could be available again in the future.
This error is usually produced after some changes were made to the linked listing on Shopify directly, which caused the Product ID associated with the listing on Shopify to change. Please see here for full details on how to handle and avoid this error.