Please note this is a channel-specific article only applicable to eBay.
If a token expires and no new token is generated, Linnworks will be unable to make API calls in that user's name. This has no effect on the user's eBay account, only on Linnworks' ability to interact with eBay. For example, it will not be possible for the system to download new orders or create new listings. Once a new token has been generated, the system will be able to make function calls on the user's behalf again.
There are several reasons why token can get expired:
- eBay tokens expire after 18 months.
- eBay revokes a token due to security reasons or a change in account details (password, business name, address, etc).
- User revokes the token.
If a token is expired, there will be an error message that can be seen in several parts of the system:
- eBay Automation Logs
- Settings > Channel Integration > Edit Channel > Test
- When creating a listing
eBay Error (932): Auth token expired, User needs to generate a new token for this application
- Linnworks will also send users a system notification when the eBay token is expired, which is visible in the Notifications tab, Homepage notifications section and will also be sent to the main account email.
To create a new token:
- In Linnworks, go to Settings -> Channel Integration > Edit channel details > click Re-authorize.
- The system will prompt you that it cannot authenticate the account and offer you to re-authorise.
- Agree to re-authorization.
- Go through the authorization eBay Channel Reintegration Wizard. It will help you generate new tokens on eBay, so you can continue working with your eBay account. Please note, you will be asked to sign in twice, to support multiple token versions.
- Once the above steps are done, your authentication token(s) are renewed. Click Test to confirm.
In some cases, eBay API token needs to be first revoked on the user's My eBay page and then re-created via Linnworks.
To revoke a token:
- Log in to eBay.
- Go to My eBay
- Under My Account, Click on Site Preferences.
- On the Site Preferences page, look for Third-party authorizations.
- Select the Application for which you want to revoke the token - LINN SYSTEMS LTD.
- Click Apply.
- Follow the steps above to re-create a new token.