Without tracking information, Newegg will reject the despatch notification and the order will not be marked as shipped on the channel. Use the solution below to set up your Newegg orders to work with Shipping services that require tracking numbers.
There are a few methods of achieving this in Linnworks.net. As adding tracking numbers isn't a requirement for all channels, the method below is designed to have the least impact on other sales channels.
- Go to Shipping > Postal Services.
- Click Add Service.
- Add a new service to be used for Newegg orders.
- Ensure that Tracking Number Required is ticked.
- Click Add.
If you are using Generic Shipping, you do not need to do the next steps. If you are using an integrated courier like Royal Mail or Parcelforce, please do the following.
- Go to Shipping > Integrations.
- Click Services for your selected Courier.
- Choose a vendor service from the dropdown menu and click Add.
- Click the icon.
- Select the Postal Service created for Newegg.
- Click Finish.
The last step is to make sure that orders from Newegg are automatically set to use the appropriate Postal Service. This can be done either using Shipping Mapping or using the Rules Engine. Please note that if Shipping Mapping method is used, this can be overwritten if there is also a rule in the Rules Engine that assigns postal services.