There are 3 ways to submit Tariff Codes from Linnworks for international orders with the use of Extended Properties. Prior to adding the extended properties to Linnworks, you will need to check the name of the property via Shipping > Integrations > Royal Mail >Properties.
- All Property Types need to be set to 'Attribute'
- The name of the Property needs to match with the name specified in the Property mapping in the integration
- Value of the Property will be the actual Tariff Code of the inventory item, which will be automatically trimmed to 6 characters for Royal Mail.
Starting with the most accurate, below are the ways to add the properties to Linnworks:
1. Tariff code and Country of Manufacture can be added using Item Extended Properties.
A detailed guide can be found here: Shipping - Tariff Code and Country of Manufacture
2. Tariff code and Country of Manufacture can be added using Order Extended Properties.
This will allow adding a Property manually to order with an unlinked item, or to assign a rule to Rules Engine that will automatically assign order property with relevant attributes based on criteria specified.
3. Default Tariff Code and Country of Manufacture can be added to the international Service configuration.
To assign Default values for a specific service, proceed to Shipping > Integrations > Royal Mail > Services > Edit. You will see the following options:
These default properties will be applied only if items and the order are missing Extended Properties.
The priority of these properties is the following:
1. Item Extended Property > If it doesn't exist then >
2. Order Extended Property > If it doesn't exist then >
3. Default property from service config.
Articles that might be useful: