The Extract Inventory is currently available for eBay and Amazon. It's functionality:
- Creates new Linnworks inventory items in bulk directly from the listings on your integrated selling channel.
- Updates already existing inventory in Linnworks with the data available on your listings.
Please Note! Due to Amazon API limitations, Amazon templates created via Extract Inventory are tantamount to Amazon Catalog Listing template and cannot be fully controlled via Linnworks. Catalog listing limitations include not allowing updates to titles, descriptions and images via Linnworks. Check more details about working with Catalog Listings here.
Through Extract Inventory, it is possible to create/update:
*can be pulled from Amazon to Linnworks, but cannot be edited and updated via Linnworks to Amazon via the created template.
For Amazon, only the main image will be downloaded from the listing. Other images will be ignored.
To be able to download Amazon description please make sure:
1. In Settings > Channel Integrations > Edit Channel > Inventory Sync Download Full Listings is enabled:
2. After this in Settings > Channel Integrations > Edit Channel > Listings > Download Listings is done.
This will make Linnworks use another type of reports from Amazon that include descriptions in it. Descriptions will be added to metadata in the general tab.
Please note! If you are updating existing inventory with the details from the listing, details that are already in the system it will be over-written. It is true for title, price, quantity, images, extended properties with an identical name. If extended properties in Linnworks are different to the ones you have on the Listing they will not be deleted but the new ones from the listing will be added.
Extract more than one listing at a time
- Ctrl+A will select all the listings on the same page in the Extract Inventory.
- To select all listings on all pages:
Press the gear button > All filtered > Download/Create/Update
The contents of the final column will vary dependant on the status of the listing
- Download: Use the Download button in this column to download all the available information for a selected listing to Linnworks in preparation for either new inventory item creation or existing inventory item update.
- Create: Once listing data has been downloaded use the Create button to create a new Linnworks inventory item
- Update: With an already linked listing use the Update button to add/modify the existing item with data retrieved from the listing
Please note! this will process all active listings on this channel. It is recommended to use this option once you start setting up your inventory in Linnworks. If you use this option when you already have some inventory in the system linked to these listings you might lose the data that is already added to your inventory as it will be over-written.