Fixed price listings can be fixed-duration (3, 5, 7,10 and 30-days) or Good 'Til Cancelled (GTC).
3, 5, 7, 10 and 30-days duration listings:
- Listings end in whole-day increments from the listing's start time. For example, if you submit your listing at 1:14 pm on Sunday and select a listing duration of 3 days, your listing will end at exactly 1:14 pm on Wednesday.
- Fixed duration listings will get closed if it runs out of stock and if duration time passed.
- Linnworks will be able to relist closed listing even if it was closed on eBay once stock of the item is >0.
- If Listing will remain closed due to 0 stock longer than 60 days, eBay will not allow to relist it.
- Once listing is relisted, only eBay Listing ID changes, listing itself remain the same. That is why Linnworks has the ability to relist even those listings that do not have templates in the system.
- When listing is getting relisted it would lose its sales history, the ranking would remain.
- GTC is created for a duration of 30 days and at the end of the 30 day period, your listing will automatically get renewed and list again. This continues to happen after every 30 day period till such time that the seller cancels the listing.
- If Listing will remain out of stock longer than 90 days, eBay will not allow to relist it.
- Because Listing is relisted automatically it does not lose its sales history, this helps the listing to appear higher on the results pages.
Listings can be ended if:
- Duration time finished (fixed-duration listings)
- Stock level became 0
- Listing is closed manually on the channel
If your listing has ended and you'd like to relist your item it is possible to do so on eBay directly as described here. Alternatively, Linnworks can do this for you automatically. For this, you would need to enable Relist option.
Settings > Channel Integration > Edit Channel > Inventory Sync
Relist listings if they are ended on eBay and you still have stock. Everything is relisted with stock > 0.
For GTC listings there is one more option available - Out-of-Stock, when enabled, if the available quantity is 0, listings go out-of-stock instead of being ended. Main advantage of this option - sales history is retained while item is out-of-stock.
Works with the Out-of-Stock feature on your eBay account.
Relist and Out-of-Stock options can be enabled at the same time. In this case, GTC listings will be going to Out-of-Stock once stock levels will become 0 and other listings will be closed. Once the stock is back - fixed duration listings will be relisted and GTC will simply become available again.
If an item is always in stock, it is best to set the listing duration to GTC and use Out-of-Stock to avoid loss of sales history due to relist.