Usually, this has to do with connection issues between your Linnworks database and your computer. The error can be the result of a firewall or antivirus settings that are blocking websites from accessing your printer settings. To resolve this, please try the following:
If you are using any content-filtering and ad blocking extensions (such as AdBlock) in your web browser, please disable them.
If you are using any antivirus or firewall programs, please try switching them off as well.
If the Virtual Printer appears Online after that, then please add linnworks.net to the list of exceptions in the blocking extension and firewall and enable them again.
If the above alone does not solve the issue, please make sure that the following ports are open: TCP 1433 and 5079.
To open a port in the Windows firewall for TCP access
- On the Start menu, click Run, type WF.msc, and then click OK.
- In the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, in the left pane, right-click Inbound Rules, and then click New Rule in the action pane.
- In the Rule Type dialog box, select Port, and then click Next.
- In the Protocol and Ports dialog box, select TCP. Select Specific local ports, and then type the port number of the instance of the Database Engine, such as 1433 for the default instance. Click Next.
- In the Action dialog box, select Allow the connection, and then click Next.
- In the Profile dialog box, select any profiles that describe the computer connection environment when you want to connect to the Database Engine, and then click Next.
- In the Name dialog box, type a name and description for this rule, and then click Finish.
Finally, if all of the above still does not allow Virtual Printer to connect, please contact your Internet Service Provider and ask to whitelist the following in your router's firewall settings: