Common problem is when Virtual Client disconnects from internet or loses connection to the server and when you are trying to print from Linnworks you are receiving print error. Very annoying. Simple solution below:
- Make sure the printer is a network printer and not connected directly to a single PC via USB. Most modern printers support WiFi or can be connected to a Network.
- Install Virtual Printer Client on 2 or more machines in the office, so that one acts as a backup for another.
- Add the network printer to both Virtual Printer Clients and make sure the name is the same.
- Success. You will never have "Cannot print" error. Life is beautiful again!
- Login to Linnworks
- Settings > General Settings > Virtual Printers
- Download Virtual Printer client
- Install. In case you can't find after install have a look at your Tray and check out Hidden Icons, there should be a service running with Linnworks logo, double click to open.
- Login to Virtual Printer Client using your Linnworks credentials
- Go to Preferences
- Give a name to your Virtual Printer Client - the same name will be given to the second Virtual Printer Client. Hit OK.
- Disconnect Virtual Printer Client and re-login again.
- Do exactly the same thing as for the first computer.
- Make sure you name Virtual Printer Client in Preferences exactly the same as the first machine. By exactly the same I mean exactly the same
- Add Printer
- Select Network printer. No it won't work with a printer connected directly to the PC. Must be a network or wireless printer.
- Name the printer - exactly the same name should be given to the same printer on the second machine.
- The Printer should appear in Linnworks list of Installed Printers (Settings > General Settings > Virtual Printers)
- Add Printer
- Select the same Network printer as you have selected on the first computer
- Name the printer - the name must be exactly the same as you have entered on the first computer's virtual printer
- The second line should appear in Linnworks list of Installed Printers (Settings > General Settings > Virtual Printers). The Location Name and Printer name should be the same.
Linnworks - Test
- Go back to Linnworks on any computer, and re-open Settings > General Settings > Virtual Printers, you should now see only one line instead of 2.
- Go to Open Orders
- Select an order, right click, Print > Invoices > default >
- select the virtual printer you want to print to, it will have [virtual printer location name]/[virtual printer name], for example mine says PRINTER/MyPrinter
- One of the virtual printer clients will pick up the print and send it to the printer on your network.
- On one of the computers, disconnect Virtual Printer client. Or turn the PC off for a good measure.
- Try to Print invoice to the same virtual printer in Linnworks.
- You should see that the other virtual printer client picked up the print and successfully sent it to the printer