New Pricing What A Joke!

.....We have listened to you, we want to help small businesses, reward your loyalty, total crap!

Our subscription is due to increase from £200 to £450 that is a 125% increase, I will just repeat that, 125%!!

Your order volume breaks are well out of line unless you are a bedroom eBayer

19 people like this idea

I filled out the "Please fill out the form below and we will contact you regarding your Linnworks For Business loyalty plan." form and raised a support ticket yesterday morning.

I assume they have a long queue of customers to call!

Just had a walk through Selro and for the most part seems not much different , the refreshing side was they listened and seemed to want to help. Linnworks on the other hand just had take or leave it attitude which after being with them since 2009 is a insult

In my opinion, It's better to put your point of view across in a private phone call and listen to what they have to say, since this is the way they wish to engage with each of us, it gives them the option, should they choose, to make you an offer in private. No business is going to make offers in public.

In my case, IF, they come back with an offer then I will have to weigh up not just the offer but the "trust" issue that has been created by this event against costs and functionality compromises I may have to make, as well as the risks involved in moving. The trust issue may be the deciding factor but it will be a a decision that is in the best interests of my business.

If there is no offer then I have no choice but to move.

As it stands I am meeting with store feeder next week and I will make a decision shortly after that.

not heard anything from them for over 24 hours now

I think there is a difference about answering on-boarding questions to operational issues, I am sure they are inundated like many other providers as I am sure 4,000 Linnworks customers are all looking at their options even if they end up staying put. I do know for sure Selro are actively working to make migration from Linnworks as smooth as possible and this dev work has already started.

I think there is a difference about answering on-boarding questions to operational issues, I am sure they are inundated like many other providers as I am sure 4,000 Linnworks customers are all looking at their options even if they end up staying put. I do know for sure Selro are actively working to make migration from Linnworks as smooth as possible and this dev work has already started.

Yes I don't doubt that this is the case, they are very helpful and I'm sure if they had the time they would answer the questions we are ALL asking, my problem is my linnworks subscription expires on june 5th and I won't be renewing, so I need something up and running by then,

my linnworks subscription expires on june 5th 

Can't you go on to monthly until you have an alternative in place. The changes for Linnworks don't come into effect until August?

No, Because

A) I don't want to give LW another penny and

B) I've been on a discount rate and that finishes on june 5th, Business is not great this time of year so I don't want to be adding any extra costs

Selro were great, instance response to all my questions and now booked in for a 30 minutes demo. They have videos on youtube as well if you want to take a look a the layout etc.

Linnworks, not answere my last message in over 6 hours now.

Can't believe they are prepared to put there company through the gutters because of this, and no justification yet as why they need to raise prices so much.

+1 for Selro

+2 for selro looks like they are wanting the business Linnworks just through away, I would be interested if anybody can defend the increase and how they would defend staying. 

As for us with low margins the extra costs have forced us out as the extra costs wipe out the little profit made in these low margins times that is almost impossible to rise as joe public simply won't pay the correct price, then with forced free postage by the ebay and amazon with free returns etc then the government doing their best to strangle business with living wage increase , pensions etc every increase simply cripples leaving people unemployed as small business simply cannot afford the costs and have to lay good staff off. Not a good time all round

looks like all the reviews have done the trick linnworks have just emailed saying that

User-based or order-based. It’s your choice.

As an existing Linnworks customer, you now have the choice to remain on your current ‘user-based’ plan, or move to one of the new ‘order-based’ plans.

1) Stay on your current plan – If you choose to stay on your current ‘user-based’ plan then nothing changes for you, the monthly or annual price and all your product features will be the same. You also have our guarantee that we will maintain your price at the same level for the next two years, with any rise in the third year no greater than 20%.

2) Move to a new ‘order-based’ plan – If you wish to move to one of our new ‘order-based’ plans (see here), then log in to your Linnworks account and select one of the new plans in the subscription page.

This must have caused them some serious loss in customers to backtrack like this...  I for one will still be going. This was after all the second time they tried this trick and on both occasions, they haven't even bothered addressing the uproar on the forums.  IMO they should have addressed this right here on the chat with an apology to limit the damage to their reputation.  As it is, they have some of the lowest scores of any multi-channel e-commerce software across a multitude of review sites as a direct consequence of ignoring their customer base.

I have lost all faith in their ability to simply apply reasonable price increases sporadically like every other business in the world rather than hit me again in the future with 4 times the cost (or more) price increases in the future.  All this reversal of decision has done is reduce the urgency with which I need to leave. I'll probably go in Jan/Feb now, when Selro has caught up with demand and its quite for my business.

Same As Simon, It's made me realise that sooner or later they'll come back with another increase of somesort, just wrap it up differently. dpn't trust linnworks at all now,

Same here, I don't have any trust in Linnworks anymore. I've got a demo booked in with Selro and if all goes well we'll be moving to them.

Login to post a comment