|Note: Pickwaves are only supported in the new Open Orders screen.|
While picking using Linnworks Mobile digital pickwave, the picker can allocate picked items into a trolly, cart, totes, and trays.
A use case would be: you have a set number of trollies in a warehouse used for picking items from the picking area and taking it to order packing, each trolly has a unique number. Before picking an item the picker would scan the trolley or a tote on a trolley. This would signify that the picker is putting items into that tote. At the dispatch station, it's much easier to process orders as we can scan the tote/trolley id and see all the orders that can be processed with the items in the tote.
In Linnworks we have a unification of picking container concept and essentially call everything TOTE. In our little world, a TOTE can be anything where one or more picked items can be placed during the picking process. A TOTE can be a trolley or a box on the trolley, shelf on a roll cage, roll cage itself, etc.
Each TOTE has to be registered in the Linnworks.net location.
- In Linnworks.net
- go to Inventory > Locations
- Edit a location
- Add TOTEs (you can drag and drop a CSV file to import them in bulk)
- Ideally, you would print out barcodes for every TOTE and stick them onto the containers
In Linnworks Mobile > Pickwave
- Scan TOTE barcode,
- The tote name will appear at the top of the screen - this is where the picker is assumed to be putting the items.
In Linnworks Mobile > Dispatch Console
- You can scan the TOTE id and bring up all orders that contain items currently on the TOTE
- You will be able to see TOTE for each item of the order if one has been logged during the picking process.