I have just received this from Allegro about requiring an update for the LW integration to work after May 2018....Can this be implemented?
According to our data, your software still uses the data encryption protocol only in TLS 1.0.
TLS (Transport Layer Security) ensures the confidentiality and integrity of data transmission. Version 1.0 was created in 1999 and does not meet today's security standards.
Update the software on the server and connect to Allegro using TLS 1.1 or 1.2. You can find more about this on the TLS protocol page on your server-manual.
Important! If you do not update the software on the server, then:
• After May 31: you will not be able to download, create and edit data after the Allegro API. If you send a request from such a server, you will receive an error message that you are using an outdated version of TLS. Full versions of the messages can be found here.
• After June 30: you will not be able to connect to the Allegro API.
The Allegro team
should we do this or is it you who will do it?
I have no idea how to do this.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can confirm that our development team is aware of the cutoff date of the old API version that is currently used by our Allegro integration and we are currently migrating it to a service that would support TLS 1.1 and 1.2 protocols.
There is currently no ETA on when the full migration will occur, but it will definitely happen before the 31st of May.
This thread will be updated again as soon as the migration happens.
this is just below any credibility.
today we realised in the midnight that linnworks again did not upload any transaction from allegro for the last 2 days !
this has been repeating every few days...and no.... there is no any basic support from linnworks customer service ! once a week a new response with empty promises and 'smiles'
1) 4 months time to prepare to new allegro webapi changes (they could not make it)
2) two months of not able to solve simple orders uploads to the system (everyday errors and missed orders)
3) barely PR contact ..no details, no solutions, many lies and empty promises
4) many many lost clients, lost orders, many many gifts as apologies, many negative feedbacks so far and lost reputation..it all thanks to linnworks ignorance
and they still advertise allegro channel as the one they manage fully :)))) lol
for Allegro we using Baselinker, very powerful software, you can list products directly or update, they have a lot of integrations, and it is very easy to integrate both systems via import/export. I wish to merge both systems together then we get the most powerful system on the market.