Uploading bulk data into inventory

I have about 10,000 items to upload into the Linnworks Inventory. From here I will upload onto eBay and Amazon. I will have most of the information for the items such as weight, dimensions, price, descriptions (HTML) etc.

I have watched some videos about the import tool, but I am unsure whether a template exists where all the data will be pasted into which is Linnworks recognisable. If no template exists, how do I know LW will utilise all the field (column headings) correctly, and map them to existing fields within LW itself? Can I find a list of fields that are available for each product which can be filled out when adding an inventory in via this way?

I know Amazon for instance may have more attributes that need to be filled in. I also know eBay has category specific attributes that are required - how do we fill all this data in, or map it, at the time of the import?

My second query is, when doing a stock upload only, will LW link the stock data in the new import with the existing inventory via the SKU?

Hi,

Within Data Import you can map your column names in Column Mapping screen. You need to link your column names from CSV file with Linnworks variables from the drop-down menu (e.g. Title, Retail Price, Weight etc.). 

All the attributes or any kind of additional info should be imported into Item Extended Property (e.g. Brand, Size, Colour etc.). This means that you need to map your column name with Item Extended Property variable. 

When importing any data, then Linnworks will update an existing item if SKU in your file exists in your inventory. A new item will be created only when SKU do not exist in Linnworks. 

Best regards,
Anton

If I add the bulk of the main data now through the initial upload, is it possible to add the other remaining data at another time linked via the SKU?

Hi,

Yes, you can. SKU is a product identifier, so as long as you have correct SKU in your file then this product will be updated with the new data. 

Best regards,
Anton

Login to post a comment