Shipping - HS code is invalid
Modified on: Mon, 12 Feb, 2024 at 1:23 PM
I tried printing a label for an Order and the following error message appeared:
Error: HS code is invalid
This error typically occurs if the HS code associated with an item is incorrect. You would need to follow the steps below to resolve the issue in question:
- Go to Inventory > My Inventory > click on the SKU from the Order > check in the Extended Properties tab the value entered for the HS code Extended Property.
- Go to the following website and enter the value in question to check the HS code validity.
- Compare the HS code you find with the one entered in Extended Properties. If there is a discrepancy, update the Extended Property value with the correct one.
- After updating the HS code values, try to print a shipping label again.
Keep in mind the following points:
- To check which Item Extended Property is used for HS codes, go to Shipping > Integrations > Properties > and you will find the correct name for the HS code property:
- If you cannot see the mentioned Extended Property on the item, you can check which Default values you used in Shipping > Integrations > Config or Shipping > Integrations > Services > Edit. There shall be the following Default HS Tariff Code window that is used if the item is missing an Extended Property:
If the error message will still be the same, feel free to contact Linnworks Technical Support!
Shipping - EVRi Corporate: Invalid HS code
Shipping - DPD Local: Error: 1036: HS code is invalid
Shipping - Deutsche Post: contentPieceHsCode: code is invalid
Shipping - HS Tariff Code and Country of Origin
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?