When adding a Gmail account to Linnworks (for sending customisable emails) inputting correct email and password into the account settings result in the error message returned on a send of the email.
When adding a Gmail account to Linnworks, a most common issue is a 2-step verification blocking access to your Gmail. In this case, simply inputting email and password into the account settings will result in the error message returned on a send of the test email.
There is a workaround for the issue. 2-Step Verification requires an App Password to be generated for each application that uses email credentials.
In order to correctly authenticate a Gmail account in Linnworks, please do the following:
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, click Security.
- On the Signing into Google panel, click App passwords.
Note: If you can't get to the page, 2-Step Verification is:
- Not set up for your account
- Set up for security keys only
- At the bottom, click Select app and choose the app you’re using.
- Click Select app, Other (Custom Name) and give it a name (e.g. Linnworks).
- Click Generate.
Once the password is generated proceed with the instruction on the screen and paste the 16-digit password into the Password field of the Add/Edit Account screen in Linnworks:
More Information you can find on Google Account Help