Some channels (like Amazon) allow defining subsource name manually when creating a channel, but for eBay subsource name will be set automatically and will be EBAY* where * is a sequence number starting from 0 so adding, for example, 3 eBay channels will result in EBAY0, EBAY1, and EBAY2 channel names.
It is not possible to change the name of the channel after it gets integrated into Linnworks. When a channel gets created in Linnworks for the first time, multiple internal tables get involved, and allowing subsource name to be changed can cause serious issues with the connection between the channel and Linnworks.
The only way around this would be to re-integrate the channel, however, it is not recommended due to several reasons:
- By re-integrating the channel you will lose the connection with the listings, and you will only be able to update their stock levels and prices after they are linked. All channel configurators will become obsolete.
- Duplicate orders can be downloaded. Here is what can happen:
- There are some unprocessed orders on the channel that are already downloaded to Linnworks.
- Integration is deleted and added with the new name.
- Linnworks will check if there are any open orders for this integration.
- Because subsource is different it will consider unprocessed orders on the channel as different orders and will download them again. As a result, there might be the same order in the system with different subsources.
If you need to change site name or move from HTTP to HTTPS, the URL that was provided in the integration will be incorrect. To fix it, after you did the change on your back-end, go to Settings > Channel integration > Edit channel settings > click Test.
It will show the error for this channel and will direct to reintegration wizard where you will be able to change the URL.