Royal Mail OBA integration supports the automatic printing of CN22 forms along with the shipping label, where the form is required (if the total value of order items is under £270).
To automatically print the CN22 form, please proceed to Shipping > Integrations > Royal Mail OBA > Services > Edit > Tick 'Print customs forms' and specify the number of copies you wish to print:
If the destination country will require the CN22 form at customs, the shipping label will print for the order followed by the filled form.
The form will print with populated values from the order and from order/item extended properties that are available under Shipping> Integrations > Royal Mail OBA > Properties.
- Item extended properties will need to be imported or added manually to the Inventory items, and the following article will explain how to do so.
- Order extended properties can be added manually to the order, or assigned via Rules Engine.
- Property type needs to be set to 'Attribute'
- The name of the Property needs to match with the name specified in the Property mapping in the integration
- Value of the Property will be the actual Tariff Code of the inventory item, which will be automatically trimmed to 6 characters for Royal Mail.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Is it printed to the thermal printer?
CN22 is the same 6x4 size and it is produced as one file including RM label and CN22, so will be printed to the same printer that RM labels are getting printed from.
- How many different lines of HS codes can it handle?
6 lines of item titles and 6 lines of HS codes.
- What happens if there are more than there is space for?
An additional CN22 form will be produced, listing the remaining SKUs.
- Can it be printed separately (i.e. if the postal label is printed outside of LW)?
In case you only need a CN22 form with no label, you can create an invoice template with a CN22 image. Order Items table can be positioned over the CN22 image.
The invoice template can be resized to 6x4 or any other format and printed from Open Orders if needed as a 'Specific Invoice'.
- Does the integration automatically submit the needed data to Royal Mail?
Yes, the same information that is taken from your items/orders and printed on the CN22, is sent to Royal Mail. You can check the logic of which values are used here.
- Can the CN22 include an electronic copy of a signature?
Yes, signature can be added in Shipping > Integrations > Royal Mail OBA > Services > Edit > Signature
- Can the printing date be printed automatically?
The current date is printed at the bottom of the CN22.
- Where can I add the Shipment Type?
The Shipment Type option is configurable for every service is Shipping > Integrations > OBA Services > Edit
- How to add the Item title on the CN22?
We've added the "CN22Description" property that can now be added to your inventory items. CN22 will pull the title from this property if it exists. If the property does not exist, the regular item title will be used. The value of the title is limited to 30 characters.
- How are item lines with identical customs properties handled?
Linnworks will combine items with identical titles and HScodes into one CN22 line.
- How are composite items handled?
Extended Property values are taken from Child SKUs since these are the physical items within the consignment, whereas a composite parent SKU just combines' all physical items together.
The unit value for the costs is calculated by dividing the unit cost of the parent item equally between child items. The tax exclusive/inclusive determination will be based on the related setting under the service configuration. Full details on the setting are available here.
- How is the value of the items calculated?
The order Total Value and the Unit Value of each item are taken directly from the order itself and also depend on the Customs Value Includes Tax setting under your services configuration. Full details on the setting are available here.
For composite items, the unit cost of the parent item is divided equally between child items.
- Does the integration support automatic printing of CN23 form if the total value of order items is over £270?
Yes, the CN23 form will automatically print instead of CN22 if the total value of order items is over £270.