When testing Magento integration, channel returns the error:
SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from 'https://www.YourURL.com/index.php/api/v2_soap/index/?wsdl=1' : failed to load external entity "https://www.YourURL.com/index.php/api/v2_soap/index/?wsdl=1"
There are 4 possible reasons for this error to appear:
1. Web hosting provider does not support loopback connection which is essential for Magento to operate.
- Contact the provider and ask them to confirm whether or not loopback connection is supported.
2. Magento store cannot connect to itself to load external entity "https://www.YourURL.com/index.php/api/v2_soap/index/?wsdl=1"
- Enable WSDL caching in Magento backend: System > Magento Core API > Enable WSDL Cache set it "Yes".
3. Magento is heavily loaded and has performance issues, thus, the request cannot be processed and a timeout occurs.
- Try again later.
4. The Root CA Certificate has expired.
- Double-check this with your hosting provider and if the certificate is expired, renew it.
Additionally! Double-check if the error message is returned when you open the URL below. It is the URL we use when requesting or sending the information from/to your site.
If it still returns the same error - then most likely the syncs won't work as well. This is how the error would look like:
Please contact your Magento developer to resolve this issue.