Auto merge - on/off channel selection

Where having auto merge is a great feature you are not allowed to merge Amazon orders and there is no way you can turn off that channel.

Having an option to turn off certain channels would be helpful. 

Hello,

Thank you for submitting the request. Could you please elaborate on why you wouldn't want Amazon orders to be merged?
Bear in mind that Seller Fulfilled Prime orders are already excluded as described here -  https://www.linnworks.com/support/order-book/open-order/managing-orders/merging-and-splitting/#MergeSpecifics 

Daniel

Technical Support

Hi,

It is recommended by Amazon that all orders are shipped as they are placed to avoid A-Z claims. I double checked this with them now.

Thanks

Craig.

Hello, 

Thank you for the details! Looking at the conversation you've attached I suspect the particular scenario Amazon support had in mind could already be covered by our order merge criteria (listed in the document I have mentioned in my previous reply). I can understand how it could lead to negative feedback or complaints if the order addresses were different or one of the merged orders being a gift with a different customer name, etc., however, Linnworks already has a requirement for certain order details to be an exact match in order to allow a merge.
Amazon did not seem to specify what particular field in order details could cause issues upon merging. We will log this feature request regardless, however should there be a problematic merge scenario which isn't covered yet, we would consider improving the merge safety mechanism which would be an easier task than implementing a feature to allow excluding particular channels. 

Daniel

Technical Support

Login to post a comment