Sync (short for synchronization) is the process of exchanging and updating information between Linnworks and your integrated accounts: marketplaces, websites, shipping couriers, FTP, etc. Typically a channel sync can perform the following tasks, which will vary depending on the marketplace integration:
- Download new orders to Linnworks
- Mark orders as shipped on the channel once processed in Linnworks
- Revise the available quantities on the channel to reflect changes in your Linnworks stock level
- End/Close listings when stock level is 0
- Relist when available stock increases above 0
The Automation Logs provide a history of tasks that have been executed on your system during a given time period. In Settings > Automation Logs you can see all tasks performed by your system, how often it is done and how long it takes.
Errors which come up during the sync process can be found in the automation logs as well. Please check this article for an overview of the different types of errors: Errors during order sync
Sync runs automatically and it is not possible to trigger it to run immediately. Inventory sync can be disabled in Settings > Channel Integration. The only way to stop order sync is to disable the whole channel integration.