I am printing shipping labels using the Royal Mail 2D barcodes, how can I use these to confirm delivery?
When working with Royal Mail 2D Barcodes they provide an online service to Track and Trace the item
This service is available via https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item
Linnworks records the either the 'Eye-readable' 2D barcode or the Tracking number in the Linnworks tracking number field on the order once a Royal Mail Label has been printed from Linnworks. Which is recorded is dependent on the selected shipping service as detailed below.
Royal Mail OBA
- For non tracked services Linnworks records the "Eye-readable" form of the 2D barcode
- For recorded services Linnworks records the Royal Mail tracking code
Royal Mail Tracked
- For all services Linnworks records the Royal Mail tracking code
To have 2D confirmation code saved in the tracking number field of an order and subsequently submitted to sales channels (if the Despatch Notes option is enabled)
it should be enabled in Shipping > Integrations > Services > Edit
- Search either Open Orders or Processed Orders for the required order by Order ID / Reference Number / Name / etc
- Copy the value in the Tracking number field
- Go to Royal Mail Track and Trace
- Enter the Tracking / 2D barcode number you have copied from Linnworks
Note: Although Royal Mail are providing 2D barcodes, not all services have the ability to track and trace them implemented by Royal Mail yet.
Currently Royal Mail Delivery Confirmation will only work for domestic services (within UK), for the following services:
Please note! 2D barcode is available for 45 days, after which it would get archived and no longer visible in the system. In order to retrieve the original 2D barcode, please contact our Support.
Reprinting a label for the order after 45 days will cause a new consignment to get generated, thus it will appear in the shipping manifest screen. Please refrain from doing so, unless a new label is actually required.