The following error occurs on sync: "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error:0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)"
The main cause of this issue, is that the client disconnects from the server and the connection cannot be restored immediately. The server dumps all connections that do not respond in reasonable time or are heavily throttled. In order to restore the connection, a software restart is required or even a PC reboot.
This can be caused by the following reasons:
- PC went into sleep mode
- Network card turned off due to Power Saving
- Router closed the inactive connection
- Router buffer overflow (well known problem with BT and SKY routers, in fact most ISP's freebie routers are not designed for heavy internet use)
- Test if your internet connection is working fine during sync and/or your router is not blocking the connection.
- Check if your PC is not turning off and that your network card/adapter power saving feature is switched off.
- Ensure your router is a robust model, and has a Keep Alive setting ON
How to ensure that PC is not turning off network card when going to sleep:
Go to 'Control Panel'
Select 'Hardware and Sound'
Under 'Power Options', select 'Change power-saving settings'
For the option that is enabled, click on 'Change plan settings'
Select 'Change advanced power settings'.
Click on the '+' to expand 'Wireless Adapter settings' or 'Network Adapter settings'
Click on the '+' to expand 'Power saving mode'
Change setting in drop down box to 'Maximum Performance' to prevent it being powered down.
How to ensure Network adapter power saving is turned off:
Right Click 'Computer' or 'My Computer'
Select 'Manage', and say 'Yes' if asked for permission
Click on 'Device Manager'
Click on 'Network adapters'
Select Network adapter in use
Right click the adapter's entry, and select 'Properties'
Select the tab labelled 'Power Management'
Ensure the option 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is not checked/enabled.
Sync - transport-level error occurs on sync [desktop]
Modified on: Fri, 2 Feb, 2018 at 9:35 AM
Did you find it helpful?